Friday, September 12, 2008

Blogging Take 2

Ok, I'm going to try this whole thing again...who knows if I will be able to keep it up, but we'll give it a try!
We have had a super busy summer full of swimming, parks, trips to Springfield, and lots of fun with students. Now that the students have all started school things are starting to get into a better routine.
AWANA started last week. Elijah has memorized several verses already and is loving being a Cubbie! Zeke is a proud Puggle and can list off a ton of things God has made. We only had one little misstep when we were learning "All have sinned" at the same time as "God loves us" and ended up with "God has sinned." But I think we got that cleared up!
The church's new Family Life Center is almost complete. Once we can start using it, Wes has some really exciting things planned for the youth. We will be doing small groups on Sunday mornings. Wes and I will both be small group leaders as well as about half a dozen other adults. I will also be leading worship during the large group time as well as during youth on Sunday nights. Last month I started singing with our church's praise teams during morning worship. We are busy, but we love it.
With the start of school, we have started homeschooling preschool with the boys. Elijah is loving the fact that everything we do is school. Earlier this week we were in Springfield and visited Wilson's Creek Battlefield and had a fun history lesson. They are just so eager to learn. They challenge me everyday!

4 comments:

Annie R said...

Hey Beautiful! You have to keep blogging, because I love being nosy and hearing how you are doing! It sounds like things at church are really going great. I am so excited for you and Elijah starting homeschool. If you need any resources or anything, let me know. I am not a "pre-school" person, but I know some people to hook you up with. Love you lots...tell the boys "hi" for me!

Annie R said...

BTW-This is Annie...I don't know why Albert's username keeps coming up. Loves!

Mildredpc said...

I love reading peoples blogs. It helps me to know what to pray for.

Wilson's Creek That is so cool. I was helping a student last week with a report on it for English class. They had just finished reading "Across 5 Aprils". She had to do a oral report on it. She didn't want too. She had a fear of getting up in front of people and them laughing at her if she stumbled over words, since she is Special Ed, but we fixed it so she could read all the words without stumbling.

You should send that story about God sinning into the Baptist parents magazine that Lifeway puts out.

Love Ya, even though we have never officially met. Maybe one day we will.

Sara said...

Good to know it was Annie...I wasn't connecting at all! If you know any places to get discounted resources or anything like that, that would be awesome!